Who we are
This privacy notice applies to the processing undertaken by West Mercia Rural 5G (WMR5G) – a consortium of public, private and academic organisations. Our website address is: https://wmr5g.org.uk and more information around WMR5G can be found on our About Us page.
Further information about how we process personal data can be found in Worcestershire County Council’s Full Privacy Notice, the lead organisation for the consortium.
The privacy notice will cover:
- Purpose for processing
- Personal information collected and lawful basis
- Who we may share your information with
- How long we will hold your information
- Your information rights
The WMR5G process personal data for the following purposes:
- For the purpose for which you provided the data to us (e.g. to respond to a contact or other request).
- To satisfy a legal obligation (e.g. prevention and detection of crime)
- To enable us to communicate with you about the provision of services to you.
- Where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury.
- To provide adequate security controls (e.g. visitor tracking, access controls).
- To monitor our performance in providing services to you, to gather statistical information to allow us to understand our user engagement and obtain your opinion about our services.
- Contacting you in response to your comment or messages.
We will only collect and use that personal data that we need to collect. The WMR5G consortium processes personal data which may include, but is not limited to, the following personal data:
- Details of your access to the website including IP address, user agent and HTTP request
- Any information you knowingly provide us with through the Contact Us form or via email, such as name, address, telephone number, details of enquiry or comment and any response provided etc
- User account profile details
It is not anticipated that any special category personal data will be processed by WMR5G.
The legal bases for processing this personal data are:
- Data subject’s consent
- Legal obligation
- Legitimate interests of the Data Controller
When you visit the WMR5G website, small text files may have been placed on your computer, known as cookies. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or to make them work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies are not a condition of you being able to access our site but if disabled may alter your user experience.
Most web browsers also allow some control of cookies through the browser settings on your computer. You may wish to amend these setting according to your personal privacy requirements.
Cookies when browsing the site:
Cookies when logging in to your account:
Embedded content and links to other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
WMR5G or any consortium member cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Who we may share your information with
WMR5G will not share your personal data with anyone outside of the consortium except in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your permission.
- Where required for the service we are providing you.
- Where we are required by law and by law enforcement agencies, juridical bodies, government, tax authorities or other regulatory bodies.
- With third parties, external partners, and agencies assisting us in delivering our service to you.
If we are permitted to share your data, we will only share what is necessary and permitted under law.
WMR5G will ensure that any third party, external partner, or agency (data processors) have adequate systems, procedures and contracts in place to prevent the loss or misuse of personal information.
Our website provider may access information relating to your access to this site (e.g. IP address, user agent and HTTP request) to enable delivery of our services to you, to obtain usage analytics and statistics, or provide security functionality (e.g. detection and interception of bad traffic).
Standard website access logs are retained for a period of 30 days.
If malicious or suspicious behaviour is detected, data such as IP addresses may be retained indefinitely for the purposes of preventing repeat attacks.
Users that have registered accounts can see, edit (except usernames), or delete their personal information at any time.
More information about our retention periods can be found in our summary Disposal Schedule.
Please note stated retention periods may be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention periods.
You are entitled to a copy, or a description, of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Please go to our Make a Data Protection Request webpage to find out how to make a request.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the service and legal basis. Please in the first instance contact the WMR5G Programme Manager by email at PMO@wmr5g.org.uk to exercise these Information Rights or call the main Worcestershire County Council contact telephone number of 01905 765765.
Please see our overarching Privacy Notice (http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/privacy) for further information about processing, contact details of the Data Protection Officer and details on how to make a complaint about your information rights.
Changes to this notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Notice was last updated on 19 November 2021.